Monday, October 11, 2010

Quick Apple Crisp

I've made this recipe a few times already. I love it! I got it from the cookbook 1,000 Vegan Recipes. It makes 6 servings and trust me you'll want to make more of it!

5 Granny Smith apples (I use Cortland), peeled, cored, and cut into 1/4-inch slices
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans
2/3 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup vegan margarine, softened

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil a 9-inch square baking pan. Place the apples in the prepared pan. Drizzle the maple syrup and lemon juice over the apples and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp of the cinnamon. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, mix the flour, oats, walnuts, sugar, and the remaining 1/2 tsp cinnamon. Use a pastry blender to cut in the margarine until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Spread the topping over the apples and bake until bubbly and lightly browned on top, about 45 minutes. Serve warm.

I would post a picture of this, but Jason and I ate all of it before I decided to do this blog. Next time! :)

1 comment:

  1. sounds yummy, and may have contributed to my apple pie craving last night!

    ReplyDelete